Reference number: SLPGCM11
Our client currently has a position available for a Group Category Manager.
This position reports to the Group Procurement Manager and will be responsible to support delivery of the Group Savings Targets and the implementation of the Group procurement Strategy.
• Responsible for developing and delivering the Group Category strategy for the relevant procurement categories as required
• Responsible for business requirements gathering and spend analysis
• Driving the publication of tenders and other related documents as directed
• Involved in the management and development of Group Supplier relationships.
- Establishment of the relevant Category and Sourcing Strategies.
- Provides inputs into the Group Procurement Strategy
• Financial Management
- To deliver optimal cost of ownership for Group Procurement categories
- The deliver the savings targets in line with the savings methodology and agreed value add targets
- Improve Payments terms
• Process Management
- Custodian and facilitator of the Group Tender process for relevant categories
- Annual supplier rates reviewed and negotiated for relevant categories
- To ensure the effective rollout and communication of all relevant Group Procurement Policy.
- Spend analysis to be completed and updated quarterly and utilised for demand planning.
- Document control process ensured
- Stakeholder performance and relationships managed
- Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment – Preferential Procurement score
• Process Improvement
- Process improvement opportunities identified, designed, implemented and reported on.
- Management pack reports prepared and submitted
- Status reporting provided
• Risk Management
- Adequate supplier contracts ensured
- To support the business goals, thus effectively managing risk.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
• Commercial and Negotiation Skills – Advanced
• Ability to develop and maintain productive internal and external working relationships
• Customer Focus (internal and external)
• Conflict Management
• Problem solving and decision making skills
• Strong Analytical Skills – Supply Base and Supply Chain Analysis
• Strong Risk Analysis skills
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
• Teamwork and collaboration
• Accountability and responsibility
• Planning and organising skills
Qualifications and experience
• Commercial or Procurement Degree or Diploma
• MCIPS qualification desirable
• 6-8 Years Procurement Experience
• Capital/Asset procurement experience advantageous
• Commodity experience around Energy, Engineering Services, Freight and Packaging will be advantageous
• Commercial acumen key – looking for deal makers and ability to harness relationships
In support of the company’s Employment Equity Plan, applicants from designated groups will be given preference for this position.
Should you wish to apply, please copy reference number and click Apply Now.